Do More With Less: IT outsourcing to Get A Bird’s Eye View of Your IT Infrastructure
The contemporary global business scenario demands an updated IT infrastructure. It ensures the survival of an organization among its zealous competitors. The highly complex IT infrastructure landscape and growing demands make outsourcing an interesting (and sensible) alternative to managing your infrastructure in-house.
As your business expands, you will have to scale up IT infrastructure to meet new requirements. Consequently, you may have to work with different service providers, heterogeneous IT environments, and inconsistent service processes. Digitally transformed organizations require infrastructure running on different stacks, at different maturity levels, and at different geographic locations. Hence, organizations seek out third-party IT outsourcing service providers to redesign their IT infrastructure with improved flexibility and security.
IT Infrastructure Management
IT infrastructure of an organization includes components that support all activities and services required to carry out business functions. It can be applications that support key functions, servers hosting those applications, or data centers housing the servers. It can also be a networking infrastructure that facilitates access to applications and servers. IT infrastructure management services include maintenance of technology that supports daily operations, such as communication, network, and data accessibility, etc. It involves the management of software, hardware, and networking in both physical and virtual environments. The infrastructure management team relies heavily on real-time management and monitoring solutions in order to maintain productivity and minimize downtime. To make it navigable, IT outsourcing service providers break it down into substructures like network and storage management, change management, etc.
IT infrastructure management can be broadly categorised into Network management, Storage management and Systems management.
- Network management deals with managing security networks. It ensures that network resources are made available to applications and services to maintain the quality and availability of services. It also handles an organization’s security posture and offers protection against unauthorized access and data breaches.
- Storage management handles data storage technologies and resources, like storage provisioning, virtualization, data compression and security. It helps in improving the performance of the data centre and processing speed. Automation and virtualization techniques help businesses to quickly re-allocate storage resources. Storage management techniques like data replication, mirroring and security can prevent data loss or theft.
- Systems management activities include intrusion detection and prevention, log management, workload automation, event management, configuration management, etc. Cloud-based applications and services also come under systems management.
IT Outsourcing: The Best Option To Transform Your Legacy System
As your business grows and priorities change, legacy systems may hinder or slow down IT operations and impact business continuity. It can increase your dependency on the limited number of staff with relevant skills to work with your heritage systems. A lower number of efficient skill-pools to manage legacy systems can increase risk at the operational level. You may fail to free-up resources for more strategic and value-added tasks. Your legacy system or applications may still satisfy a few of your business needs. But the internal and external resources needed to keep the system up and running may have reduced. Do not let your heritage systems become a stumbling block which pulls you back from addressing business priorities.
IT outsourcing is the most appropriate and immediate solution to face this challenge. Well-experienced IT outsourcing service providers operate with a rich pool of resources to offer complete assistance to your organization. The constraints you have in-house like, lesser staff availability will not affect your business operations. Outsourcing can free up your IT team to focus on more strategic initiatives. If your long-term solution is to migrate to new technology, outsourcing will give you time to evaluate the possible alternatives. In the meantime, it will also help in mitigating the threat elements associated with your legacy systems and applications. In addition to outsourcing IT, infrastructure management offers the following benefits.
- It gives you the flexibility to adjust according to the evolving business requirements and industry standards.
- Proactive monitoring and management of your IT infrastructure.
- It will help your business to rapidly respond to a changing and disruptive business environment.
- Offer access to the latest technologies and expert advice.
- Free-up your time and resources to focus on core competencies.
- Accelerate deployments and decrease repair time, thereby, reducing downtime.
At Phykon, we offer the following IT infrastructure management services which equip your resources to seamlessly perform in complex environments.
- Cloud Environment Support: It will help you migrate on-premise applications into the cloud. Migration into cloud environments will help you control costs, access newer technology, and enable greater productivity. The transition to the cloud requires support from trained, competent professionals to make it seamless and worthwhile.
- Server/Network Environment Support: It will help you proactively monitor your servers and networks to eliminate slowdowns, spam, data loss, virus infections, and crashes with comprehensive network environment support. Other services include remote server monitoring, upgrading, repairs, and on-site server maintenance.
- Change Management: Change management services minimize the disruption associated with the change in network, services or overall business environment.
- Network Security Monitoring: Network security monitoring tools will help you detect and respond immediately to internal and external security threats. It will assist you in resolving network security issues before it affects your business operations.
- Work From Home Support: Work from home support enables quick transition into remote-work environments.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Infrastructure monitoring and reporting services are used to track the health status of your hardware devices and applications. A sudden failure can result in unexpected downtime which can be avoided with the right Infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Custom Consulting: Revamp your legacy systems and make it future-proof to go hand-in-hand with the ever-evolving business landscape.
- Disaster Recovery: Be up and running even during unprecedented events with disaster recovery outsourcing services.
- Data Security And Backup Management: Real-time data availability and instant data recovery are essential for the smooth functioning of your business. Enhance data protection, mitigate information risk, and ensure access to critical information by outsourcing data security and backup management services.
IT outsourcing services from Phykon can guarantee consistent and reliable service to manage your IT infrastructure.